- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g Arborio rice
- Sea Salt
- 850ml hot vegetable bouillon
- 200g baby courgettes (or one large) finely chopped
- 150g frozen soya beans
- 150g frozen petit pois
- Grated Parmesan to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan
- Sweat off the onions for a few minutes
- Add the rice and a good pinch of sea salt
- Stir well to coat the rice in the oil and onion mixture
- Add a ladleful of hot stock, stir over a medium heat, leave to absorb
- Add another ladleful and set timer for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep adding ladlefuls as the rice absorbs the liquid.
- When the timer goes off, check the rice, should be almost cooked.
- Add all the vegetables and the remaining stock, stir well and leave to cook for another 10 minutes or so until rice and veg are all tender but veg have kept their colour
- Serve with grated parmesan and a good grinding of black pepper
Risotto needs watching. Add stock where necessary and keep checking the rice. All timings are approximate as it depends upon the pan used exactly how quickly this will cook.
Delicious served with a fresh pea shoot salad, sliced radishes, cucumber and shredded fresh dill.