Vegan Banana Loaf
- 225g Plain flour (or use Self-raising flour and reduce the Baking powder to 2 heaped Tsp.)
- 3 heaped Tsp. Baking powder
- 70g Coconut sugar
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Mixed spice
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g Vegetable or Sunflower oil
- 50g Dried fruit or nuts (optional) I used leftover fruit mix from a mince pie vodka I had made last Christmas!!
- Pre-heat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas 5
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork
- Mix together with the oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and spices, and combine well.
- Add any additional ingredients
- Baked in a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes, before checking
- Cover with foil, if the loaf cake is browning
- Bake for another 40 minutes (approximately)
- Allow to cool a little before slicing